Irish American Will Ferrell to star in 'Flamingo Thief'
Producing and acting gigs keeping star busy
Will Ferrell has been confirmed to star in 'Flamingo Thief,' which writer Michael LeSieur ('You, Me and Dupree') will adapt from the novel by Susan Trott.
In the new flick, Ferrell will star as Tim Forrester, a lawyer who becomes obsessed with stealing flamingo figurines after his wife leaves him.
Variety reports that Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld will produce, but no director has been confirmed for the project yet, but it's understood the producers have already commenced their search.
LeSieur's script appeared on the 2011 Black List event, which Ferrell previously headlined in 2008 for Dan Rush's script 'Everything Must Go.'
Ferrell next appears in the Spanish-language comedy 'Casa de mi Padre,' and he also stars opposite Zach Galifianakis in Jay Roach's political comedy 'Dog Fight.'
Wearing his producing hat, Ferrell recently produced 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters,' as well as the Sundance pics 'Bachelorette' and Tim and Eric's 'Billion Dollar Movie,' which he also co-stars in.
Aer Lingus offers special discounted fare for Irish Central readers!
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.