Irish American Jessica Chastain set to play Princess Diana in biopic – VIDEO
Star to play late Princess Diana in new love story
Jessica Chastain has been cast as Princess Diana in the tentatively titled "Caught in Flight," Indie wire reports.
An Irish-American, Chastain has appeared in several films this year including “The Help”, "The Tree of Life" with Brad Pitt and “The Debt”.
The film will revolve around a “secret affair” between the late princess and a heart surgeon Dr Hasnat Khan. The pair met at a UK hospital in 1995 after a friend of the Princess’s was recovering from surgery, they supposedly dated for some time after. The movie is set to be filmed in the South of France, Pakistan and Angola. It will be directed by Oliver Herschbiegel of “Downfall” fame.
Speaking about the later Princess in a rare 2008 interview Dr Khan told the Sunday Telegraph she was a “very normal person with great qualities".
More movie news on IrishCentral
Irish celebrity news stories on IrishCentral
News from Ireland
"I think she did great work all over the world not just for the UK but for everyone. That is very important,” he said.
Princess Diana even visited his family during her 1996 visit to Pakistan.
"She really enjoyed her time when she came here. She also enjoyed the afternoon tea she had with my family. And I think she very much liked the Asian family's eccentric culture," said Dr Khan.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas