‘Harry Potter’ star Evanna Lynch to play wife of Harry Houdini on Dublin stage
Actress continues to cast her spell
Lynch told the Irish Independent, “I’ve been to the Gaiety plenty of times, since I was five years of age, so it will be a bit strange to be up there, on the other side of things, actually on stage.” She added, “But I’m looking forward to it and its definitely something I’d like to do more of.”
The show reenacts several of the magician’s high risk stunts. Lynch plays Houdini’s wife who is also an assistant in his shows. She said about her role, “Bess is the assistant, she is the glue that holds everything together behind the scenes, but I have to know all of the tricks as well, so I can tell when to pull the curtain and the timing.” In the show Lynch has her own vanishing act.
Bess Houdini is her first stage role. She listed Irish playwrights Brian Friel and Sean O’Casey among her theatrical influences in an interview with the Irish Post.
Lynch credits her parents with her decision to take on the role. She said, “Theatre was always something that’s been in the back of my mind and my parents were really keen for me to do it; so the little girl in me just wants to make them happy.”
However they might have had second thoughts if they knew how dangerous the show is. Lynch said, “I don’t think my parents are aware or know [of the risk involved in this role.] I don’t tell them much about roles that are risky, usually until after the role is done.”
The young actress said she hopes that some of her Harry Potter co-stars will see the show. She remarked, “It’s like a school reunion . . . when we get back together.”
“Houdini” is currently touring in the UK and will run at the Gaiety Theatre between October 7 and 12.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas