First look at Colin Farrell and Sam Rockwell in “Seven Psychopaths” - PHOTOS
Follow up to McDonagh's directorial debut opens later this year
In Bruges, Irish playwright Martin McDonagh's directorial debut made very little box office impact when it opened in 2008, but critics enjoyed Colin Farrell's performance enough to nominate him for a Best Actor Golden Globe almost a year later. Since then the film has amassed a cult following.
Seven Psychopaths, McDonagh's follow up again stars Farrell this time in the company of Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell.
Woody Harrelson is also along for the ride and this week first-look images from the film were posted at Entertainment Weekly.
, a screenwriter working on a script called Seven Psychopaths, gets wrapped up in scheme to kidnap the dog belonging to rich people and then return them for the reward money.
McDonagh tells the Cinemablend.com: 'It's kind of a cruel thing to do. They take care of the dogs, and give them back promptly, and they don’t charge a lot.'
Things unravel quickly when they kidnap Bonny, who belongs to Woody Harrelson's gangster character Charlie.
Also starring are Gabourey Sidibe, former Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, Abbie Cornish and Tom Waits who plays 'a rabbit-petting weirdo who offers up strange stories from his past for the Seven Psychopaths screenplay.'
CBS Films will release Seven Psychopaths later this year.
Splash's report on Colin Farrell and the "Seven Psychopaths":
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra