Damian McGinty says he can win ‘Glee Project’ competition
Determined ‘Glee Project’ star says,‘I came here to win’
Derry teenager Damian McGinty is determined to snatch the Glee project title when he faces off with three others for a role in the top rated show.
He has has made it through to the final four on 'The Glee Project,' in which contestants compete for a role on the hit show 'Glee.'
A former child star of Phil Coulter's Celtic Thunder, the 18-year-old is the only contestant from outside the U.S. to compete for the prize role. Well over one million people have voted online for McGinty since he burst to fame as one of the 12 people who were plucked from thousands to star in the spin-off program.
“Being in the final four is just amazing. I feel honored, I feel amazed, I just feel incredible,” McGinty told the Belfast Telegraph.
“I can put the fact that I am in the semi-finals in my back pocket and move on,” he said. “I didn’t come here for top four — I came here to win.”
Next up, McGinty will have to impress Glee's executive producers Ryan Murphy and Dante Di Loreto when he battles against Cameron Mitchell and Lindsay Pearse, both from California, and Alex Newell, from Massachusetts, in the all-singing, all-dancing semi-final this Sunday.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas