Colin Farrell dishes on Sesame Street and sex tape
Colin Farrell says a guest spot on "Sesame Street' was one of the highlights of his career, and a sex tape he was involved in probably happened when he was high.
He says doing Sesame Street was a blast.
“I did a scene with Elmo and a couple of the other characters,” he says. “The word of the day was ‘investigation.’ We did a scene with a couple of talking carrots and s - - t. It was genius!”
Farrell is a long way from his wild days now, but his sex tape with Playboy model Nicole Narain still raises eyebrows.
“I don’t know what that was about,” he admitted. “I think I was high.
“I might have got some of my better reviews,” Farrell agreed. “Which would be depressing.”
As for his new movie "Ondine," director Neil Jordan says he had Farrell in mind when he started it .
“I kind of had [Farrell] in mind when I was writing it,” says Jordan. “But not specifically, really. I didn’t say, ‘I’m writing this for you as a person.’”
The similarities with Farrell and the chief character Syracuse, a fisherman in West Cork with a drink problem trying to sort out his life, are self-evident .
It is a small film, the way Farrell prefers it these days.
“It hasn’t been a conscious decision to move away from the larger event films,” Farrell insists.
“It’s just the way it happened.”
The film opens Thursday.
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan
- Ten castles to rent in Ireland for a vacation...