Bono recovers in France with Lance Armstrong
Just weeks after his emergency surgery, Bono is recovering at his luxury villa in the French Riviera – with a little help from friends, including bike racer Lance Armstrong.
Whilst the north American part of U2's tour is on hold, Bono spends his days meeting pals for lunch in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat restaurant (he drove himself there).
'Lunch with an old friend,' Armstrong tweeted on Thursday, posting a photo of himself with the Irish rocker in front of a very scenic backdrop.
Bono, who is still looking quite tired, is pictured holding a wine glass and has his arm around Lance's pregnant girlfriend, Anna Hansen, while Lance holds their son, Max.
The Irish rock star, who was released from a Munich hospital on May 25, has to spend at least eight weeks doing physical rehabilitation, which has put the skids on the North American leg of U2's 360 world tour. The dates will be rescheduled for 2011.
In 2009, U2's tour grossed just shy of $110 million, making it the year's most profitable show.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas