Bono announces that U2 ‘wont be back for a while’ after massive ‘360 Tour’ - VIDEO
Time to give it a rest and dream it all up again
Close friends and associates have know it for months but this week Bono made it official: U2 won't be embarking on a new world tour for a while.
And when they say for a while, they mean for years, possibly. Call it finding more than you were looking for.
U2 named top band at the GQ Men of the Year awards - VIDEO
U2 donates $7.2 million towards music education in Ireland
The Irish superstar told the press this week that while the band 'genuinely loved' their latest two-year 360 Tour, they are totally looking forward to a few nights in front of the television.
Speaking at the GQ Men of the Year Awards, Bono told Digital Spy: 'They say every tour is ten days too long. Not with this one. We genuinely loved every single night and at the end we were so sad.'
Accepting the award for Best Band, Bono added: 'Growing up is not what is meant to happen to a rock band. It has happened, we are now men.'
But that doesn't mean you can't have fun - and that may well be on the menu for the foreseeable future whilst they band enjoy the fruits of their labor - possibly in well appointed villas in the south of France.
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin