Bill Clinton film stars clash over Lewinsky scene - SEE VIDEO
Stars of “The Special Relationship”, a HBO movie focusing on the relationship between Bill Clinton and then-British Prime Minister Tony Blair, have come to blows about the deletion of the quarrel scene centered on the Monica Lewinsky controversy.
The quarrel scene though included in the preview version of the movie was edited out in the final review. Dennis Quaid, who plays Bill Clinton, felt that scene should have remained in the final cut.
His co-star Hope Davis, who plays Hilary Clinton, on the other hand, was glad it was axed. She said “We shot a really good scene but I'm happy it was left out."
"It put them in such a vulnerable place. I don't want to see them, I don't want to see her, in that position…We know all we need to know. We know how it wrecked his presidency and how hard it was for them to get through."
Quaid, who once spent a weekend at the Clinton White House and golfed with the president, felt that the confrontation had dramatic value.
He said “I think it captured the spirit of the relationship and that's the most important thing”.
"People are fascinated by (screenwriter) Peter Morgan's work because we get to be a fly on the wall behind closed doors."
The scene depicted Bill Clinton confessing to his wife that he had lied about his relationship with the White House intern. The Hillary Clinton listens and as the scene moves on a row erupts.
HBO said that the shots which were cut were not vital to the story. Davis believes that they wanted to make sure the film stood up to scrutiny and would not be seen as being disrespectful to the Clintons.
The final cut of the movie aired on HBO on Saturday, May 29.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra