‘Bel Ami’ star Colm Meaney amazed at Robert Pattinson’s crazed fans – VIDEO
Meany compares Pattinson groupies to ‘Beatlemania’
The trailer for Robert Pattinson’s film upcoming ‘Bel Ami’ has been released, in which the London born actor plays a young soldier in 1890s Paris.
Adapted from the the Guy de Maupassant novel, Pattinson stars alongside Irish actor Colm Meaney.
Meaney, originally from Dublin, spoke about Pattinson’s screaming fans in a Late Late show interview.
“In Budapest we were shooting and it was mad because...it really was like what you would imagine was Beatlemania was like,” Meaney said.
No matter where they filmed the Irish actor said there were “screaming girls everywhere” eager to see Pattinson.
Top ten Robert Pattinson quotes
A sexy Robert Pattinson in steamy scenes in 'Bel Ami'
New image from Robert Pattinson’s film 'Bel-Ami' released
“We were shooting way out past Heathrow in a big old country house and there were these two, not girls now, women, middle aged women, who for three days were camped at the gate house of this estate
“And they camped there for three days in miserable weather hoping to catch a glimpse of him,” Meaney recalled.
In his latest film the “Twilight” star plays a womanizer who uses his powers of seduction to climb the social ladder. A release date is yet to be announced.
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- The top 100 Irish last names explained
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...