The Script to kick off headline tour at Radio City Music Hall - VIDEO
Tour will promote the new album #3
The Script, Ireland's biggest band since U2 (who are also their mentors) have just released their new single Hall Of Fame, featuring hit maker will.i.am. The new track is culled from their forthcoming album titled #3, which is set to be released on October 9th.
Hall Of Fame brings the band right back to the piano-laden melodies that made them famous, this time featuring a seamless duet with the hip hop star will.i.am.
Mark Sheehan, band member, told PRNEWSWIRE: 'We wanted to capture as much emotion in the track's sound as there is in the lyrics, which are definitely some of the most positive and upbeat we've ever written.'
Talking about working with will.i.am on Hall Of Fame, Danny O'Donoghue said: 'We thought it might make a great duet but we wanted to do it line by line, true duet style. It took several months, a headlock and a taxi cab to get Will on the song!'
The Script will also begin a new North America tour starting on October 9 at New York's Radio City Music Hall. Fans who pre-order the new album #3 will receive a code for early access to tour tickets. The ticket pre-sale period runs until to July 26 at 10 PM, with the public on sale going live July 27.
#3 follows up The Script's critically acclaimed 2010 Science & Faith album which led to a string of sold out US tour dates in autumn 2011.
The Script have enjoyed an remarkable rise to fame following the success of their 2008 debut album and their massive platinum selling single, Breakeven.
The Script - Hall Of Fame (ft. will.i.am):
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...