Guinness recently launched a competition to see who are the people dead or alive you’d like a pint of Guinness with.
It certainly made me think, but here’s my top ten.
1. W.B. Yeats: The older I get the more incredible a poet he seems. He’d probably be obscure and drive me nuts but I’d love to get a window into his genius
2. Stephen Hawkins: He seems to know something about this earth and why we’re here that no one else can explain.Though I couldn’t understand a word of his books I’d still love to meet him.’’
3. Steve Jobs: Sure he has passed, but what a one of a kind genius. Dropped acid, dropped out and returned as the greatest mind in Silicon Valley
4. Mary Magdelene: Just to learn the truth about her and that Jesus fellow and lay the whole thing to rest, like.
5. Marilyn Monroe: Jack, Bobby, Frank Sinatra, tell us the whole story Norma Jean, baby.
6. JFK: Because he was the brightest light in my young life, a hero to all Irish.
7. Emily Dickinson: Incredible poet, I mean, “I felt a funeral in my brain.” How do you match that line, love.
8. Maureen O’Hara: So what were John Wayne, John Ford, Bogart, etc really like?
9. Abe Lincoln: How did he have the courage to persevere when this country was headed for a split and endless war. Pull up a chair honest Abe and let me pour you a good one.
10. John Lennon: All that beautiful anger and talent. And please, a few bars of ‘Jealous Guy.’ No Yoko though.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: