Niall Horan and the One Direction boys denied claims their hiatus is to become a permanent break.

One Direction promise fans their split is not for good

Niall Horan and the boys denied claims their hiatus is to become a permanent break.

 

One Direction have denied claims their hiatus is to become a permanent break, with a representative for the band insisting the rumors are “not true”.

One Direction have denied claims their hiatus is to become a permanent break. The band, consisting of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne, announced last year that they would be taking a break from the industry, with Louis later revealing it would be for about 18 months.

However, on Wednesday, it was claimed the band would not be coming back to the limelight as a four-piece at all, because none of them have renewed their recording contracts as a band.

A source told Us Weekly: “The 1D thing just ran its course. They'll remain friends, but they are exhausted and want solo careers.”

A spokesperson for the band was quick to come forward and set the record straight, dismissing the speculation as “not true”.

Insiders also revealed that while the singers all have plans for solo projects, with Harry apparently hoping to act and Liam doing some songwriting, they have always seen a reunion as part of their future.

A source told Billboard: “Nothing has changed regarding hiatus plans for the group, and all will be revealed in due time from the band members' own mouths."

This is not the first time the boys have had to reassure fans that they will, in fact, be returning as One Direction at some point in the future.

Niall said during an interview with Entertainment Tonight last year: “We’re not breaking up. We're literally taking time out to see our friends and see our family and reflect on what we've done over the last few years."