It is the most played song in Irish history – and maybe American too – but from a cast of thousands of singers and players we have picked the best and worst versions of “Danny Boy.”
1 Frank Patterson, Irish-born late tenor really let it fly.
2. Eric Clapton, acoustic version is haunting and beautiful.
3. Elvis Presley on his seventh take got it just right.
4. Bing Crosby, schmaltzy but very beautifully enunciated.
5. Jim Reeves, incomparable voice, lovely quiet rendition.
1.Roy Orbison. Oh Dear, sounds like the chipmunks got into this guitar.
2. Tom Jones; It sounds like someone strangling the cat.
3. Michelob advertisement...WTF.
4. Cher. Goes on forever, bet you can’t sit through it.
5. The Muppets: You’ll get a laugh at least!
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: