Is this perhaps the most perfect picture of Ireland ever taken? It is the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare - which featured in the Harry Potter movies - taken at night with the Milky Way resplendent in the night sky. The eerie but beautiful scene was shot in 2013 by Irish photographer Damien Stenson, whose specialty is astrophotography.
You can check out more of Damien’s work on his Facebook page which features many other amazing images of the night sky over Ireland.
Do you have a favorite picture from Ireland?
Some facts about the Cliffs of Moher:
1. The Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland's top visitor attractions and are a designated UNESCO Geo Park.
2. The cliffs are 700 feet high at the highest point and range for 5 miles over the Atlantic Ocean on the western seaboard of County Clare.
3. O'Brien's Tower stands proudly on a headland of the majestic cliffs.
4. From the cliffs, one can see the Aran Islands, Galway Bay, as well as The Twelve Pins, the Maum Turk Mountains in Connemara and Loop Head to the South.
5. The Cliffs of Moher take their name from a ruined promontory fort “Mothar” which was demolished during the Napoleonic wars to make room for a signal tower.
Do you have a favorite image of Ireland? Tell us about it in the comments section, below, or send it to email@example.com along with the reasons why you think it is the best.