IrishCentral company overview
IrishCentral is the leading Irish digital media company in North America, providing political, current affairs, entertainment, and historical commentary to the Irish throughout the world. The business caters to 34 million Irish Americans and 70 million Irish diaspora.
IrishCentral was founded in 2009 by Niall O’Dowd and has a proud history of social and community engagement. O’Dowd has been an advocate for the global Irish community for over 30 years.
In 2016, IrishCentral was purchased by a consortium of investors led by Liam Lynch, a New York-based venture capitalist and investor in digital companies, including a number of Irish technology companies and media start-ups. Lynch is also the founder of Studio VC, a venture capital fund focused on entrepreneurs and small companies with breakout potential. His minority co-investors in IrishCentral are Irish American business leaders.
Headquartered in New York City with an ancillary office in Dublin and contributing writers from around the United States and Ireland, IrishCentral is at the center of major news announcements affecting the Irish community.
The IrishCentral team is dedicated to connecting the Irish throughout the world and creating an online platform where all Irish can feel at home.
Brand Partnerships Executive - New York
- Close new business consistently at or above your target expectations
- Exceed monthly sales targets and close new digital business for the company
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new services
- Attend networking events for prospecting and opportunities and continually build and maintain professional networks
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders, as well as external partners for content, events, and advertising
- Communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and grow opportunities within the territory
- A demonstrated record of success in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Strong understanding of the market and digital media
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can effectively manage and cover a geographic territory of active accounts while constantly canvassing competitive media and the market for new clients via cold calling
- Can translate customer marketing objectives into creative and effective multimedia advertising campaigns
- Ability to understand & interpret marketing data to effectively overcome client objections
- Ability to adapt objectives, sales approaches, and behaviors in response to rapidly changing situations, and to manage business in a deadline-driven environment.
This role will report to the CEO in New York.
Interested candidates can apply via firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter and resume and "Brand Partnerships Executive - New York" in the subject line.
Editorial Intern - Dublin
IrishCentral is searching for a Dublin-based Editorial Team Intern, to help its editors elevate the site's SEO, manage content, create content, and work on various other integral projects.
Great content, social sharing, and digital inspiration is what we are about and we’re looking for.
This role is for you if...
- You are passionate about all things digital, including content social media and learning about how to manage a busy website
- You have experience using a content management system, such as Wordpress
- You are familiar with IrishCentral
- You are a super quick learner with a can-do mentality
- You have dreams and ambitions to pursue a career in digital media
- You are bursting with high levels of energy and love getting involved in brainstorming, new projects, and more
What it is:
An internship: You will learn, be part of a solid crew of senior journalists and content creators who are invested in getting you up to speed so you can nail your career goals and bring more every day
Paid: There will be remuneration for this role, details on application
To apply, send your CV and a cover note telling us how you meet all the criteria above (and more) to Editors@IrishCentral.com and include the subject line “Dublin Intern”.