From Japan to New Zealand - top ten international spots to celebrate St. Patrick's Day - PHOTOS
Get your Irish on and party hard no matter what corner of the world you're in - the top party
Everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day but no where more than in these top ten locations around the world. HotelsCombined.com did the research and found that from Dublin to Auckland, New Zealand, these are the top spots around the world to party on St. Patrick's Day.
Here's the list:
1. Dublin, Ireland – La Stampa Hotel and Spa. Centrally located in the heart of Dublin, this luxurious boutique style townhouse offers Irish enthusiasts a chance to experience firsthand the world’s premier St. Patrick’s Day Festival, Ireland’s largest national celebration.
2. New York City – Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel. Located within the hotel, the Wheeltapper Pub invites parade-watchers a chance to unwind after the largest U.S. St. Patrick’s Day parade in this intimate venue decorated with authentic turn-of-the-century memorabilia from Ireland’s railroad system.
3. Chicago, Illinois – The Drake Hotel. A Chicago icon for more than 80 years, The Drake combines tradition and elegance to create a perfect complement to the city’s historic St. Patrick’s Day celebration, which begins with the world-famous dyeing green of the Chicago River.
4. Boston, Massachusetts – The Lenox Hotel. Travelers commemorate one of the oldest American St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with a new spin on “green” in Boston’s premier environmentally innovative hotel, which was chosen as one of the five greenest luxury hotels in America by U.S. News & World Report.
5. Montreal, Quebec, Canada – Hotel Le Crystal. At the onset of Canada’s oldest St. Patrick’s Day parade, a giant replica of St. Patrick greets parade-watchers and signals the official start of the festival. Afterwards, visitors enjoy a peaceful and cozy stay at Hotel Le Crystal, located just blocks from the parade route.
6. Savannah, Georgia – The Bohemian Hotel Riverfront. Savannah’s foremost luxury hotel blends vintage allure with modern style to create a storied hotel experience. The city’s weeklong St. Patrick’s Day celebration, which draws more than 400,000 visitors, peaks with a grand parade just one block from the hotel.
7. Montserrat, Caribbean – Tropical Mansion Suites. Considered the “Emerald Isle of the Caribbean,” Montserrat has a unique Afro-Irish culture and an impressive weeklong celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Travelers partake in Montserrat’s natural beauty with a relaxing stay at the Tropical Mansion Suites.
8. Hot Springs, Arkansas – The Arlington Resort. Nicknamed the “World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade,” this celebration is truly one-of-a-kind with Irish belly dancers and the Irish Order of Elvis impersonators. After experiencing this quirky parade, visitors relax at the Arlington Resort in historic downtown.