County Cork finally get their own passport for the Gathering 2013
Newly launched programme welcomes “friends, family and international visitors to the Rebel County”
Cork Rebel Week 2013, which will take place between October 14th-20th 2013, will be a week-long celebration of “all things Cork” with a specific focus on bringing International visitors and family home to Cork County and Cork City throughout the week.
The initiative of Rebel Week will target a minimum of 5,000 International Visitors / Friends & Family of Cork living abroad, plus a further influx of National and Local audience attending the various events and activities, all of which will boost the economy and awareness of Cork during what is traditionally low season within the Tourism, Hospitality, Retail and Leisure Industries. The concept surrounding Rebel Week will embrace the imagination of Corkonians living Locally, Nationally and Internationally with the strong potential of Rebel Week becoming a new annual event in the National Events Calendar.
Key events / attractions of Rebel Week will include:
• The availability of a Cork Rebel Week Passport to international visitors which will give the holder entitlement to extensive discounts and offers across the County in accommodation, hospitality, retail and leisure during Rebel Week. Locals can also obtain a passport via initiatives around supporting and promoting the concept.
• International Marching Bands integrating in the community of Cork City and County. Local communities in towns and districts throughout Cork will host the bands and will organise local events and activities throughout the week with the highlight of an International Cork Parade and Primary Activities in Cork City over the weekend October 19th & 20th .
• International Cork Day – Wednesday October 16th in celebration of both the birthday of Michael Collins and International Food Day. Visas will be issued at all county borders to gain access to Cork on the day in exchange for a donation to Cork local charities.
• International Sporting Events – throughout the week and across the various fields of sport.
• The Global Cork Economic Forum & the Global Cork Network – the sons and daughters of Cork will be individually invited home to take part in meaningful discussions and receive a greater understanding of economic renewal and job creation, specific to Cork City and County. They will also be allowed to have fun!