The Gathering Dublin by Damon Blake
The Gathering Ireland Launches At Guinness Storehouse
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 at 08:44 AM
- Social Soccer International Veterans Soccer Tournament kicks off in with teams from around the world
- Irish Cerebral Palsy soccer team prove victorious at Gathering Dublin tournament - VIDEO
- The 2013 World Irish Dancing Championships returns to South Dublin
- Kickboxing and cameras - keeping busy In South Dublin
- Picture perfect with St Patrick's Day in South Dublin with the Gathering photo competition
|Pat Kenny interviews Minister Leo Varadkar. Image: Mark Stedman/Photocall |
On Tuesday 3rd of December the team at The Gathering Dublin went to the Guinness Storehouse, the brand home of the famous pint of ruby red stout, to bear witness to the launch of all the festivals and events The Gathering Ireland has planned for 2013.
After arriving our team of two made our way up to the fifth floor Arthur’s Bar for a cup of tea and a glass of Diet Coke. Soon we were able to bring together our full roster made up of representatives from Baseball
Ireland, the Irish American Football Association and Cricket Ireland. Considering our American Football player was around 6’8” (or so he seemed to me) we definitely stood out in the crowd made up of media, those involved in tourism and other Gatherings from around Ireland. These included The Rory Gallagher International Tribute Festival , a new Gathering celebrating the work of Irish poet WB Yeats and The Town Of A Thousand Beards.
The MC for the event was Irish broadcaster Pat Kenny, host of political discussion program The Frontline, who introduced us to the crowd first. First! No pressure at all. With no chance for a second go I explained to Pat about the sporting tournaments we’re hosting in
So impressive were they that they became the focus of all the photos taken that day.
Peter Kavanagh (left) from the Dublin City Hurricanes baseball team and Eoin O'Sullivan (right) from the Drogheda Lightning football team pose with Minister Leo Varadkar. Photo: Mark Stedman/Photocall
What a nice photo of Transport Minister Leo Varadkar showing off his psychic powers. I’m sure when the budget was announced the next day they came in handy. If in the future he needs any bodyguards Peter Kavanagh and Eoin O’Sullivan (pictured above) would be happy to help out.
It was a very positive launch and while a few words were said about Gabriel Byrne's comments (but not by me!) the buzz was palpable in the room. It reminded me of the launch we held recently in
South Dublin for our Gathering. Held back in October, check out our video of it below.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...