The Gathering Dublin by Damon Blake
The Gathering Dublin responds to Gabriel Byrne's 'scam' remarks
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 at 06:41 AM
- The Gathering Dublin concludes with Ireland defeating Wales in basketball
- Gathering trophies for Olympic handball stay in Ireland
- Canada's Greendale Falcon's win at American Football blitz in Dublin
- American Football blitz comes to Ireland for The Gathering Bowl 2013
- Get ready for the World Martial Arts Games in South Dublin (VIDEO)
First of all, it’s hard to write about Irish actor Gabriel Byrne’s recent comments regarding The Gathering without trying to make a joke about how he has his “usual suspects” about the whole thing. So, to begin with, congratulations to me for not doing that.
Next, let’s address the comments in question. Speaking recently on "The Last Word with Matt Cooper" he said that people think that The Gathering is a 'scam', a sort of roguish endeavour that would be comparable to a group of criminals robbing a ship in
after being blackmailed by Keyser Söze. San Pedro Bay
However, there are as many opinions on The Gathering as there are on who Keyser Söze really is.
It’s a tourism initiative to have those who are or love the Irish return here in 2013, an initiative that is not being dictated by a governing body, merely enabled and supported by it. Like any group exercise, the outcome and results of it will be determined by the desire and input of the people involved. When those of us involved in The Gathering Dublin originally looked at what
So that’s what we’ve focused on, 25 tournaments in
South Dublinwhere teams from around the world can come here to Meet to Compete. We’ve had teams already confirm from some such sports as High School American Football, Cricket and Baseball and we’re still looking for more teams to compete. And once we unveil the details of our golf tournament no doubt Gabriel Byrne (he played Dean Keaton in a little movie starring Kevin Spacey) will be looking for an invitation.
Because as far as I can see, he didn’t say HE thought it was a scam. Just that others do. And if the whole thing is a success, why, I am sure that the two years he spent as our ambassador will have been a huge help. “And then the greatest trick Gabriel Byrne will have ever pulled was convincing the world those comments didn’t exist.”
I’m paraphrasing a line there from a movie he was in. I think it was called Into The West, it was very good, you should check it out.
Further information is available on our website at www.thegatheringdublin.com.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.