The Gathering Dublin by Damon Blake
Social Soccer International Veterans Soccer Tournament kicks off in with teams from around the world
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2013 at 06:26 AM
- The Gathering Dublin concludes with Ireland defeating Wales in basketball
- Gathering trophies for Olympic handball stay in Ireland
- Canada's Greendale Falcon's win at American Football blitz in Dublin
- American Football blitz comes to Ireland for The Gathering Bowl 2013
- Get ready for the World Martial Arts Games in South Dublin (VIDEO)
|Wild Geese with Giovanni Trappatoni|
We're almost at the halfway point of the year and we've still got a lot more visitors coming to "Meet Too Compete"! This time it's in soccer! Or football if you drink more tea than coco-cola.
Dublin soccer club Wild Geese Football Club will host the Social Soccer International Veterans soccer tournament on the grounds of Peamount United Football Club on the weekend May 24 & 25. Teams from Italy, Slovenia, Denmark, Mauritius, and Ireland will compete in the eight club championship.
The Social Soccer tournament is an International Veterans Soccer Tournament for players over 33 years of age. The event is endorsed by the Football Association of Ireland in partnership with South Dublin County Council, The Ireland and South Dublin County Tourism Ltd. It is focused on teams who enjoy their football. Winning is less important than making new friends and maybe going out for a burger after. Although if you're playing again the next day I wouldn't recommend it.
The tournament was made possible by funds from the Gathering 2013 and support from South Dublin County Tourism Limited.
Wild Geese Football Club are a Dublin-based amateur soccer team who never take their football too seriously. Instead sport is viewed always as a means to build friendship. The Gathering promotion has given the club the chance to use their philosophy on an International stage. They warmly welcome teams from outside of Ireland to play in a tournament where the social aspect will be as central as the football.
Admission is free if you're in the area and want to come watch. Although you'll have to pay for your own burger.
For more information, please visit www.socialsoccer.ie.
And remember, you can always get in contact with us through the below:
See more: The Gathering , Irish in Soccer , Irish sports blog
Be the first to make a comment.
- Irish university suspends Legion of Mary...
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- 4,000 Irish social welfare letters encourage...
- Top ten worst ever Irish Christmas gifts,...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Nelson Mandela showed us all what could be...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Address by Nelson Mandela to Joint Houses...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...