The Gathering Dublin by Damon Blake
The 2013 World Irish Dancing Championships returns to South Dublin
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
- The Gathering Dublin concludes with Ireland defeating Wales in basketball
- Gathering trophies for Olympic handball stay in Ireland
- Canada's Greendale Falcon's win at American Football blitz in Dublin
- American Football blitz comes to Ireland for The Gathering Bowl 2013
- Get ready for the World Martial Arts Games in South Dublin (VIDEO)
|Dancers take the stage at the 2013 World Irish Dance Championships.|
Things are staying busy with The Gathering Dublin lately. We've had a number of tournaments; everything from kickboxing to Irish dancing, from poker to Norwegian poker (basically poker but played with a lot more people from Norway).
Right now we are delighted to be involved with another Irish dancing event. Yesterday (March 25th 2013), Minister for Children Frances Fitzgerald launched the 2013 World Irish Dance Championships in Citywest Hotel. We were there and the center was filled with competitors from Ireland (North and South), Scotland, England, the Channel Island and Slovakia. An Comhdhail, the organisation who run the World Irish Dance Championships, are 42 years in existence this year and it was wonderful to see the enthusiasm of all the dancers who took part.
|One of the many schools taking part in the 2013 World Irish Dancing Championships.|
With 418 teams are taking part in the week long competition, the event is a vibrant addition to our calendar. An Comhdhail were supported by South Dublin County Tourism Ltd and The Gathering Dublin.
The closing date for our Social Soccer competition March 31st, so if you are visiting Ireland with some friends at the end of May, why not take part? Further information is available at http://socialsoccer.ie/.
And finally, don't forget our photography competition is still open for entries, click on the banner below to find out terms and conditions. A weekend stay in South Dublin is available and the theme is St Patricks Day.
And remember, you can always get in contact with us through the below:
Irish Dance , Irish Dance Competitions , Irish Dancing , The Gathering
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...