The Gathering Dublinby Damon Blake
- Irish Cerebral Palsy soccer team prove victorious at Gathering Dublin tournament - VIDEO
- The 2013 World Irish Dancing Championships returns to South Dublin
- Kickboxing and cameras - keeping busy In South Dublin
- Picture perfect with St Patrick's Day in South Dublin with the Gathering photo competition
- Irish Dancing - 450 dancers competing in South Dublin - VIDEO
It's been a busy two weeks here at The Gathering Dublin. We had a few days of matches with the CFAI Gathering tournament at Peamount United Football Club in Greenouge, Dublin. At these matches players from universities from Wales and Ireland competed in two days of matches, fostering an international community through the sport of soccer.
Everyone put in their best effort, with Ireland the victor on the first day, while the Welsh team turning triumphant on the second.
Things are staying busy with The Gathering Dublin lately. We've had a number of tournaments; everything from kickboxing to Irish dancing, from poker to Norwegian poker (basically poker but played with a lot more people from Norway).
Launching today the 4th of March 2013, The Gathering Dublin in conjunction with Tallaght Photographic Society is proud to announce an exciting international photography competition which anyone can enter from anywhere in the world.
On February 17th 2013 The Gathering Dublin held its first event: supporting the 26th Annual Feile Rince (Ciaraithe leis An Coimisiun le Rinci Gaelacha). Held in Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co. Dublin, 450 dancers competed in three competition areas, a great turn out as you can see in the video.
A special Gathering competition was also held, with participants from all over the world taking part. We'll have photos from the event available next week!
Our next event is the Super Poker Event of Europe 2013, also being held in Citywest on the 23rd & 24th of February.
Here at The Gathering Dublin we're very happy to share an initiative courtesy of Local Studies Collection, South Dublin Libraries. Have a look at these postcards recently released that showcase South Dublin in the past and as it is today. Enjoy!
It’s starting to get cold in
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...