Ireland's Hidden Gems by Susan Byron
Enjoy an Irish Shindig at the Old Jameson Distillery in Dublin this summer
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 07:35 AM
- Barron's Bakery, a family-run, Waterford staple baking the best bread in Ireland for over 125 years
- Step into a storybook garden with a fairytale castle at Lismore Castle and Gardens Arts Centre in County Waterford
- Colorado native has a eureka moment - sets up "Full Irish Whisky Tour of Ireland"
- Ireland's top ten tourist attractions in 2013 - Where to go and what to see in Ireland
- "Where to Eat, Sleep & Play in Ireland in 2013" during The Gathering
The distillery tour (is the same as the daytime tour) which could you save you some time if you are on a lightening visit to Dublin, is excellent as it not only takes visitors through the seven stages of whiskey making but also grounds the whole process in the tradition and social history of this interesting and special, cobbled corner of Dublin city.
The menu is obviously inspired and liberally laced with Jameson whiskey throughout with Jameson infused smoked salmon for starters and marinated Wexford strawberries on fluffy pavlova with Jameson chantilly cream for dessert. Mains include Irish chicken stuffed with sage and white pudding or seared fresh fillet of cod and lemon caper butter from Kilmore Quay, served up with fresh seasonal vegetables. After that, it is time to ‘raise the rafters’ with a mixture of traditional and contemporary Irish songs and rousing dance, which you are welcome to sit back and enjoy or join in by all means...
Book online at www.jamesonwhiskey.com
Read a review of the Old Jameson Distillery Tour http://www.irelands-hidden-gems.com/jamesons.html
By Susan Byron author of www.irelands-hidden-gems.com