Ireland's Hidden Gemsby Susan Byron
- Green trails and massive variety characterize Ireland's walking vacations
- Lough Bawn House a hidden gem beautifully catered in mystical Westmeath
- King John's Castle, Limerick City, revamped and ready for action
- Irish jewelry designer creates a contemporary Ring of Kerry
- Barron's Bakery, a family-run, Waterford staple baking the best bread in Ireland for over 125 years
Solis Lough Eske Castle truly deserves its award for Best Country Hotel in the World. And to think four years ago it didn’t even have a roof ! Originally the seat of the O’Donnell's it was abandoned in 1607 with Flight of the Earls, having had a succession of owners until finally falling into disrepair from neglect. It was almost lost forever, which would have been a shame considering its magical woodland setting on the banks of Lough Eske surrounded by the snowcapped Bluestack mountains. Thankfully it has since been restored by its present owners to its former glory and re-established as a place of refuge and hospitality for guests from all over Ireland and the world.