Ireland's Hidden Gemsby Susan Byron
- Barron's Bakery, a family-run, Waterford staple baking the best bread in Ireland for over 125 years
- Step into a storybook garden with a fairytale castle at Lismore Castle and Gardens Arts Centre in County Waterford
- Colorado native has a eureka moment - sets up "Full Irish Whisky Tour of Ireland"
- Ireland's top ten tourist attractions in 2013 - Where to go and what to see in Ireland
- "Where to Eat, Sleep & Play in Ireland in 2013" during The Gathering
Solis Lough Eske Castle truly deserves its award for Best Country Hotel in the World. And to think four years ago it didn’t even have a roof ! Originally the seat of the O’Donnell's it was abandoned in 1607 with Flight of the Earls, having had a succession of owners until finally falling into disrepair from neglect. It was almost lost forever, which would have been a shame considering its magical woodland setting on the banks of Lough Eske surrounded by the snowcapped Bluestack mountains. Thankfully it has since been restored by its present owners to its former glory and re-established as a place of refuge and hospitality for guests from all over Ireland and the world.