The Score by Declan O'Kelly
Robbie Keane out of Irish squad for friendly against Brazil in London
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 at 08:02 AM
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Irish captain Robbie Keane has pulled out of the Irish squad to face Brazil on Tuesday after taking a knock on the knee during yesterday’s Old Firm defeat to Rangers at Ibrox.
Keane, Ireland’s top goalscorer, has been hampered by the same knee in recent weeks, but he played the full game as Celtic lost further ground to their biggest rivals on Sunday.
However, after the game he immediately withdrew form the panel to face the Samba men at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night.
The much-traveled Anthony Stokes, currently plying his trade at Hibernian, has been drafted into the squad to take his place.