Robbie Keane on way to Celtic to discuss loan move
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Reports emanating from England suggest that Irish captain Robbie Keane is on his was to Glasgow Monday to talk to Bhoys manager Tony Mowbray about the possibility of a loan move to Celtic.
While the transfer deadline passed in England at 5 p.m. GMT (noon ET) the deadline in Scotland is midnight (7 p.m. ET), thus enabling Keane to get up to Glasgow and get a deal done.
Though I think it may not necessarily be the best move for his career (click here), Bhoys fans around the world will be hoping that the deal will go through as they desperately need a striker of his class to have any chance in the title run in.
Craig Bellamy is proof that a good spell in Scotland can reignite a career, so if Keane decides to leave Spurs and move up North, the onus will be on him to do likewise.