The Score by Declan O'Kelly
Robbie Keane confirms he will return to Tottenham Hotspur
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Robbie Keane put an end to any pie in the sky hopes of a longer stay with Glasgow Celtic when he said he would be heading back to London to play with Tottenham Hotspur once his loan deal ends in June.
“I’ve got a three-year contract at Tottenham, so I will go back there in the summer,” said the Tallaght man.
“It’s just a loan move and always has been. I’ve got a lot of friends down at Tottenham and I miss the lads. I speak to them all the time and they are doing well at the moment.
“I also miss the tea ladies. They are very good down there!”
Keane has found form in the greener pastures of the SPL, scoring nine goals in nine games for the Bhoys.
However, he will have his work cut out for him on his return to England.
The strikers at White Hart lane effectively showed him the door in January, and with loan signing Eidur Gudjohnsen making an impact, where will Keane fit in?
That is the challenge that awaits the Irish striker once his sojourn in Scotland ends.