The Score by Declan O'Kelly
Richard Dunne the latest Irish casualty for Brazil game
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 at 09:58 AM
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne is the latest Irish player to pull out of Tuesday's international friendly against Brazil due to a muscle injury.
Dunne picked up the injury in the Carling Cup Final defeat to Manchester United on Sunday at Wembley.
The big defender is still without a winner’s medal in his club career and will be kicking himself for getting caught in possession by Dimitar Berbatov in the 12th minute, a mistake that would lead to Michael Owen’s equalizer for the Reds.
Giovanni Trapattoni may now have to partner Sean St Ledger with Paul McShane after the loss of his defensive stalwart.