The Score by Declan O'Kelly
Padraig Harrington tied fifth at WGC-CA Championship
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Triple major winner Padraig Harrington shot a four under par second round 68 to leave him six under par for the tournament in a tie for fifth place at the WGC-Championship in Miami, four shots behind leader Ernie Els.
Though Harrington admits he is a normally a slow starter at the outset of the season, he is content at how things have gone this year.
“I wouldn't say I'm way ahead of where I was in previous years, but definitely last year, I definitely got very much drawn into changing things and working on things.
“While I'm always working on things, I'm not as -- my mind-set isn't quite stuck that way. I'm a bit better that way.”
Graeme McDowell also had a good day at the office, carding a 68 to leave him two under par for the tournament.
Rory McIlroy did not enjoy such a productive Friday, caring a 73 to go five over par for the tournament.