The Score by Declan O'Kelly
Padraig Harrington four behind Jim Furyk at Transitions Championship
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 09:37 PM
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Padraig Harrington shot a third round one over par 73 on Saturday at the Transitions Championship at Innisbrook in Tampa, Florida to go four shots behind Jim Furyk.
Harrington bogeyed the first hole but gave shots back on 4 and 9. On the back nine, the 38-year-old birdied the 16th before bogeying the final hole to leave him seven under par for the tournament.
K.J. Choi, Retief Goosen, Bubba Watson and Carl Pettersson are in a four-way tie for second place on eight under par.
Though four shots behind Furyk, who shot a 67, Harrington sounded optimistic about his chances on Sunday.
"It's obviously only one person, so that's not so bad," he said.
"I don't want to give Jim a four-shot lead over a four-round tournament, let alone one round. There's enough guys behind that somebody is going to shoot a good score and put some pressure on him. Hopefully it's me."