The Score by Declan O'Kelly
Kerry's Colm "Gooch" Cooper needs surgery for serious eye injury
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 09:26 AM
- Andy Lee KO’s James Cook in round five in Oklahoma
- John Duddy ready for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. challenge
- Giovanni Trapattoni spurns Inter Milan interest to stay with Ireland
- Irish boxer Andy Lee wins in Limerick after Thiam retires with back injury after two rounds
- Rory McIlroy has Tiger Woods in his Ryder Cup sights
Kerry's preparations to defend their All Ireland title took a knock with the news news that star forward Colm 'Gooch' Cooper will need surgery on the eye injury he suffered in the NFL Division 1 game against Monaghan on Sunday.
The Kingdom's talisman shipped a blow to his right eye six minutes into the game, and will go under the knife Tuesday.
The Dr. Crokes star has a torn duct in his right eye, and he could miss Kerry's opening championship game against Tipperary on May 23.