Wes Welker Signs With Denver Broncos, Leaves New England Patriots For Rival
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 03:00 PM
- New York Knicks and Boston Celtics Swap Standards for Second Playoff Series in Three Seasons
- New England Patriots NFL Draft: DeAndre Hopkins Scouting Report
- New England Patriots Draft: Justin Hunter Scouting Report
- New England Patriots Draft: Desmond Trufant Scouting Report
- Boston Celtics: Playoff Formula Mixes Flexible Roster With Veteran Leadership
When Tom Brady took a cap-friendly contract extension earlier this off-season, the New England Patriots' chances of re-signing his favorite target, Wes Welker, multiplied. However, after two days of reportedly low-balling their leading wide receiver from last season, Welker has decided to sign for the Denver Broncos on a long-term deal.
Wes Welker has agreed to terms with Denver Broncos.Welker will sign a contract for two seasons and now becomes a part of the team that will be seen as the Patriots' biggest obstacles to overcome in the AFC this season.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 13, 2013
Agreed to terms on a 2-yr deal with Wes Welker. Excited to have Wes join the Broncos. His production & toughness will be a great asset!The Broncos will travel to Foxboro during the coming regular season, although the date is yet to be set.
— John Elway (@johnelway) March 13, 2013
Be the first to make a comment.
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin