Tommy Bowe to return to Ireland Six Nations squad
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 08:03 AM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Osprey's winger Tommy Bowe has returned to training in Wales this week ahead of Ireland's Six Nations game next weekend.
Monaghan native Bowe hasn't played in either of the first two Six Nations games this season but could be involved in Osprey's Magners League game this saturday. Should he come true unscathed, Bowe will be in line to to start for Ireland next week against Scotland.
“We've been monitoring Tommy very closely over the last month, as well as being in close consultation with the IRFU management regards his progress,” said Ospreys physio Chris Towers.
“He has made considerable progress over the last couple of weeks, up to the point where we've been able to get him up to high level functional sessions without any adverse reactions.
“As such, we're looking to reintroduce Tommy to team training this week with a view to making him available for selection on Saturday.
“If everything is positive, he will then be able to return to Ireland camp and be involved in their remaining Six Nations fixtures.”
However there is a bleaker outlook in regards to Stephen Ferris who was not this week released to play for Ulster. Ferris has remained with the Ireland squad in Cork instead.
He is scheduled to undergo a second exam in two weeks to further determine the extent of the knee injury that has prevented him from playing this season so far.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'