Randy Moss return to the New England Patriots? Not going to happen
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
During a recent interview with KFAN 1130-AM in Minnesota, former New England Patriot and current free agent wide receiver, Randy Moss expressed his preference to return to the team he started last season with.
Moss was a star in New England during his three year tenure but was traded after four games to the Minnesota Vikings for a third round draft pick.
Moss had been unhappy in New England for not being targeted enough and felt "unloved"when his contract wasn't extended before the season started. However now, he wants to return...
"If you're asking me where my heart and where I'm happy is, I love playing with Tom Brady. I love being coached by Bill Belichick," Moss told KFAN 1130-AM in Minnesota.
Its possible that Moss could return, there is a very very slim chance that he could return to a team that is in need of a receiver to stretch the field but quite a few things need to happen.
Firstly, and most crucially, Moss would have to turn down more money to play elsewhere. I'm not sure Randy Moss is inclined to ever do that.
Secondly, he would have to mend some bridges within the organization after reports of feuds with current offensive co-ordinator Bill O'Brien prior to his release.
Thirdly, he needs to prove that he is a team player and that he can still perform. After leaving New England(and quite frankly even before walking out of Foxboro) Moss put up some pedestrian numbers with the Vikings and Titans. He finished the season with 28 catches and 393 yards along with five touchdowns.
Those are not typical Randy Moss numbers.
Bill Belichick is not opposed to bringing back former players, just look to Moss' replacement in New England; Deion Branch. However there is too much risk for Randy to return.
Moss felt unloved when he was the star for the Patriots before he was traded, what makes him think anyone would love him now?
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...