Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen rout the New York Knicks in game three of the NBA Playoffs
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 07:37 PM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Rajon Rondo had a triple double while Ray Allen knocked down eight of eleven three point field goals to silence the crowd in Madison Square Garden.
The Knicks were without Chauncey Billups for the second straight game while Amare Stoudemire was blatantly struggling with an injury. Add the fact that Carmelo Anthony barely looked interested and you can chalk this game down as an easy victory for the Boston based team.
No Celtic played poorly but Rondo, Allen and Paul Pierce were outstanding. The fact that Rondo had a record number of assists as part of his triple double and wasn't even the second best player on the court was startling.
Both Allen and Pierce went over 30 points as Allen hit 32 and Pierce hit 38.
The game finished 113-96
This makes the series 3-0 in favor of the Celtics. No team has ever come back from this margin in the playoffs and to this point the Knicks don't look like changing that.
Game 4 of the series will be played in New York on Sunday.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...