Post NBA Lockout Moves the Boston Celtics should Consider-Re-signing Delonte West
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2011 at 11:49 AM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Despite their reported best efforts to trade Rondo, Danny Ainge came out today and claimed that the team were not interested in letting Rondo go.
How Rondo reacts to all this won't be seen until the season begins.
Regardless of how Rondo reacts, the Celtics should try to re-sign Delonte West if they can get him at a decent price. West is talented and experienced enough to start at point guard should the team need him to, if Rondo is traded or there are complications from the Chris Paul affair, but he also proved last season that he can be a reliable role player.
West offers the team a new dimension with his outside shooting without preventing the team from running their regular offense.
The only way the team shouldn't re-sign the veteran guard is if another team overpays for him and creates a bidding war. In that instance they will likely turn to youngster Avery Bradley.
The Boston Celtics have a lot of decisions to make in regards to the shape of their roster heading into this season. Re-signing Delonte West should be one of the easier tasks that lies ahead.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...