Patriots defensive line thinning;Ron Brace to be placed on Injured Reserve
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 at 04:15 PM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
The New England Patriots suffered a significant loss this week even though you may not realize it at first.
According to the Boston Herald, the New England Patriots are expected to place defensive end Ron Brace on injured reserve this week.
Brace injured his elbow in last week's 34-3 victory over the Buffalo Bills and is expected to be on IR by Monday. The team is waiting until Monday in order to use Brace's vacant roster spot to welcome back the return of linebacker Brandon Spikes. Spikes 4 game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing drugs ends Monday.
Brace, the second year defensive end out of Boston College, has only started 5 of the 13 games for the Patriots but has performed well as part of the defensive line rotation in New England.
His presence will be missed as the Patriots defensive line has been one of the team's few weaknesses this season. After losing their second best run stuffing defensive lineman, Ty Warren, coming into the season, the team also are carrying two active players who are injured. Mike Wright and Myron Pryor have been sidelined for more than a month. Wright is doubtful for the regular season finale while Pryor is questionable.
Both players should be back for the playoffs but Brace is now done for the season along with Warren. The Patriots cannot afford anymore losses on the defensive line.
The Patriots(13-2) own the AFC's no.1 seed and will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra