Jamie O'Hara would be part of the solution to Ireland's problems
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Jamie O'Hara has hinted that he is ready to fully commit to the Irish national soccer team.
The 24 year old is currently on loan at Premiership side Wolves from Tottenham and had retained hope of playing for Fabio Capello's England side as recently as the summer. In an interview with English radio station TalkSport, O'Hara stated "All my family are Republic of Ireland...if the opportunity was to come, I'm 24, I'm playing Premier League football hopefully on a regular basis, so if I get the phone call, it's something I'd look at."
Trapattoni has previously gone on record to show his admiration for the central midfielder who has played through the youth ranks for England.
Having been capped up to U-21 level competitively with England, O'Hara was forbidden from changing his allegiance until FIFA relaxed their rules in 2009 to allow any individual to switch, at any age, provided they hadn't represented the original country at senior competitive level.
O'Hara does qualify for Ireland and his current surroundings in Wolverhampton must be making him mull over the idea furthermore as he lines up alongside players like Kevin Doyle, Stephen Hunt, Stephen Ward, Kevin Foley and plays under a former Republic of Ireland manager in Mick McCarthy.
He is the exact type of player that Irish fans have been crying out for over the past few years as he combines an industrious engine with good ball playing ability. He can pick a pass or strike at goal from distance without sacrificing the crucial defensive aspect that Giovanni Trapattoni craves from his midfielders.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...