Irish Boxers bring back the Gold from the European Continental Championships
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2011 at 01:11 PM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Ireland's domination of amateur boxing has once again risen to prominence after two Irish boxers won gold medals at boxing's European Continental Championships in Ankara, Turkey.
Ray Moylette and Joe Ward have both secured gold medals at boxing's European Continental Championships in Ankara, Turkey.
Ray Moylette won light-welterweight gold defeating England's Thomas Stalker. Joe Ward took light-heavyweight gold with a good victory over Russian Nikita Ivanov.
The judges scored Moylette's fight 18-10 overall. The round scores were 5-5, 7-3, 6-2.
Ward entered his fight as the underdog but scored a comprehensive victory of 20-12 with rounds scoring 7-3, 8-3, 5-6.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin