Irish Boxers bring back the Gold from the European Continental Championships
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2011 at 01:11 PM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Ireland's domination of amateur boxing has once again risen to prominence after two Irish boxers won gold medals at boxing's European Continental Championships in Ankara, Turkey.
Ray Moylette and Joe Ward have both secured gold medals at boxing's European Continental Championships in Ankara, Turkey.
Ray Moylette won light-welterweight gold defeating England's Thomas Stalker. Joe Ward took light-heavyweight gold with a good victory over Russian Nikita Ivanov.
The judges scored Moylette's fight 18-10 overall. The round scores were 5-5, 7-3, 6-2.
Ward entered his fight as the underdog but scored a comprehensive victory of 20-12 with rounds scoring 7-3, 8-3, 5-6.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Dating website for ‘homosensible’ Catholic...
- Michelle Obama and daughters visit Glendalough.
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.