Boston Celtics one game away from elimination
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 06:21 AM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
The Boston Celtics can thank Lebron James for their loss last night in TD Garden. James scored 35 points and had 14 rebounds in the crucial game four.
The Heat now need to win just one more game if they are to eliminate the Celtics with a trip home next up on the cards.
Rajon Rondo kept to his word and started for the Celtics playing 38 minutes in a game that went to double overtime. His impact in this game was minimal however as he had only 5 assists and 10 points.
It was a poor time for the Celtics bench to go missing as the elder starters couldn't match the Heat's athleticism.
Kevin Garnett followed up his star showing in game three with one of his worst games in a long time in game four. Garnett was 1-10 from the field while Chris Bosh scored 20 points and outrebounded him. Bosh also made big plays in clutch situations with a vital tip in in the final overtime period to all but seal the game.
Things don't look good for the Celtics and with Shaquille O'Neal only playing four minutes they cannot look to him to spark the team.
This Celtics team have never looked older now with Rajon Rondo banged up and both Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce being exposed defensively (Although being fair to Pierce, nobody was going to stop Lebron last night).
It's certainly not impossible for the Celtics to win this series but right now the odds are very slim.
Be the first to make a comment.
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an...