Arizona Cardinals Upset New England Patriots in Home Opener
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 03:19 PM
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Despite missing his final attempt of the game, Gostkowski mostly carried the Patriots' offense during the game with four successful field goals. Tom Brady was stifled by the Cardinals' defense who were led by big performances from Daryl Washington, Patrick Peterson and Calais Campbell. Brady finished the game with 316 yards, but had only one touchdown and one interception.
That touchdown came in the fourth quarter when the quarterback led a drive that ultimately saw Rob Gronkowksi catch a touchdown pass in the endzone. Gronkowski couldn't catch the two point conversion to tie the game at 20.
A blocked Zoltan Mesko punt from the Patriots endzone gave Kevin Kolb a short field that led to an Andre Roberts' touchdown reception in the third quarter. Kolb followed that up with a five yard touchdown run to give his team an ultimately insurmountable lead.
The Patriots will undoubtedly be frustrated, but face a tough test next week against the Baltimore Ravens. They have no time to lick their wounds on a lost perfect season.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...