Post NBA Lockout Moves the Boston Celtics should consider: Sign Gilbert Arenas
- We've moved to The Sports Central
- Avery Bradley's stuttering start to Boston Celtics career is no more
- New England Patriots - a case for keeping Brandon Lloyd
- Tom Brady's contract extension puts pressure on New England Patriots to perform in short-term
- Jeff Green's approach epitomizes Boston Celtics Post-Rajon Rondo
Gilbert Arenas became an infamous figure in Washington because of his off-the-field issues. However his talent on the court is undeniable.
In recent years, that talent has represented fair value because of the huge contract that he was signed to. After recently being amnestied by the Orlando Magic, Arenas cleared waivers and is now available to be signed by any team.
Despite adding Keyon Dooling, and moving Avery Bradley to shooting guard, Arenas would provide the Celtics with another quality guard that could give the team good minutes.
Arenas has the ability to play the point and shooting guards, much like Dooling, and his outside shooting would give the team the threat from the point guard position that the team loses in Delonte West.
Playing on a team with strong leadership, Arenas would arguably be an all around better player than West in Boston.
The 29-year-old veteran averaged 10 points per game in a reduced role for both the Magic and Wizards last season. However he is a 20 point player for his career to go along with over five assists per game.
With the uncertain future of Rajon Rondo, adding another proven point guard wouldn't be a bad move for the Boston Celtics.
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...