Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Wolves and Mick McCarthy pull off vital 3-1 victory in Premiership clash with West Brom
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 at 09:52 AM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Mick Mccarthy's Wolves side eased out of the relegation zone in the Premier League with a 3-1 win over West Brom today.
The vicory was a vital one for the former Irish manager as his side now has their fate in their own hands with two games left to play.
Wolves struck quickly with a goal in the 15th minute by Fletcher and were soon 2-0 up.
A goal right after half times seemed to seal an easy victory but West Brom hit back with a goal on 54 minutes and Wolves looked very nervous but managed to fight off their local rivals and ran out convincing victors in the end,
Once again it looks like McCarthy's men have pulled a Houdini and could well stay in the premiership.
They may well have key player Irish international Kevin Doyle back for the final two games as well.