Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
UConn win now sets up Notre Dame against Florida bowl game
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 at 06:04 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
UConn's last gasp field goal win over South Florida tonight almost certainly means the Irish will be heading to a great bowl game, the Hyundai Sun Bowl against Miami on December 31st in El Paso.
That is infinitely preferable to playing North Carolina State or Maryland in the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando on December 28th a game with all the excitement of Mickey Mouse's underpants
That was the alternative if South Florida won.
The Notre Dame-Miami game is a cracker if it happens .
Who can forget the Catholics vs Convicts era when the two teams were the best in college football?.
So thanks to U Conn for doing the Irish a huge favor tonight and let's book those tickets to sunny texas..
A bowl win over Miami at about 12.01 a.m on January 1st to kick off the New Year would be the best New Year's gift ever.