To Honor and Serve can defeat Uncle Mo to take Breeders Cup Classic
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
To Honor and Serve, trained by Bill Mott can win the Breeder's Cup classic today in an upset.
At the beginning of this year To Honor and Serve was considered in the top flight of three year olds, right up there with big race favorite Uncle Mo but an injury took him off the Triple Crown trail.
He made a sensational comeback at Saratoga,toying with an allowance field and then went on to easily defeat his rivals in the Kelso at Belmont.
He comes in to this Breeders Cup under the radar as all the attention has been on Uncle Mo and the filly Havre De Grace.
That will suit Hall of Fame trainer Billy Mott who knows how to get them ready for the big day and who won the Ladies Classic on Friday night .
Drawn on the very outside To Honor and Serve must get off to a quick start under Jose Lezcano in order to avoid being hung out on the first turn.
But he has been working like a train all week at Chruchhill and may well live up to his early season promise with a huge victory today.
For second I'll take Uncle Mo who many believe will not last the distance and third, Havre De Grace who has proven she's just as tough as the boys with recent victories.
The Irish challenger So You Think is first time on dirt and I think will not handle it as well as some of his rivals.
Elsewhere on the card, Euroears in the sprint and Union Rags in the juvenile look standouts while Goldikova should make history with a fourth Breeder's Cup triumph in the mile on turf. Gio Ponti can surprise in the mile on dirt. Sarafina can take the Breeders Cup turf.