Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Susan Boyle inspires Manchester United soccer star Wayne Rooney before games
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 at 06:57 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
England's top soccer player, Wayne Rooney has stated that Susan Boyle inspires him before big games.
The Manchester United star told the News of the World newspaper that Susan was his game changer
Rooney explained: "I have a playlist I listen to before games.
And, for some reason, I have been listening to Susan Boyle immediately before the last few games.
"Her album is very good and it relaxes me."
He added: "When we're in the hotel before we go for our pre-match meal, I always put the Stereophonics on.
"Then in the dressing room before games, I tend to listen to more relaxing music like Susan Boyle.
"A lot of the foreign lads listen to rap music, which is okay, but before a game I don't really enjoy listening to that."
Susan Boyle is a committed Celtics fan in the Scottish Premier League