Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Sensation as Wolves defeat Chelsea 1-0 in Mick McCarthy triumph
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 at 04:48 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Former Irish manager Mick McCarthy pulled off the win of his managerial career when his bottom of the premiership table team Wolves defeated mighty Chelsea by 1-0 at home.
An own goal by Jose Bosingwa after just six minutes led to Wolves taking a lead they never lost.
They almost had another towards the end when Hunt came close.
The win is a massive victory for Wolves and takes them off the bottom of the table and out of the relegation zone,
It also spells the end of Chlesea's title hopes as they are now nine points behind Manchester United who have a game in hand