Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
San Francisco Giants closer Brian 'Fear the beard' Wilson loves his Irish roots
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 04:15 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
He's the owner of the most famous beard in baseball but San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson has plenty other reasons why he stands out.
Apart from likely being the star of this year's World Series that is.
Here's a little taste of what Wilson, the most lovable character in baseball right now by a mile, is really like as he recently answered five question about himself.
1. "My IQ is 188. End of discussion. It's been proven. Certified genius.
2. Born originally in Massachusetts. Family's from south Boston, we're Irish. That's correct, Irish.
3. I enjoy Cholula hot sauce. That stuff is ridiculously good... pretty much the best hot sauce in the world.
4. Huge fan of the '80s. Was born in '82. Spent seven or eight years before the '90s ruined everything. So, big fan.
5. I'm a ninja.another reason.
He likes his Irish roots too, in fact he hiked around Ireland last summer with a backpack, minus his beard and no one recognized him. Said he had a ball.